Sunday 16 August 2009

todays tasks


today i will be getting all my things ready for school as this is my last day of the summer holidays. This task is pretty much done so the rest of the day i can be lazy and program. Other than that i might go out and play football with my new football boots and ball. but today will be a nice and relaxed day.

my programming tasks today are to get the multiple view ports working on my multiplayer game. As you can see above my previous attempts have been a little unsuccessful. I have been thinking about making an exploration game where both players will be in cars/jeeps and will be able to go up hills and jump of them. So i have started to create a split screen to allow this. In one of my books there is a good procedural terrain generation formula in it so i will be trying to implement something similar. or i might just go for height maps as then i have full control of things like jumps and stuff.

someone on the Gamedev.net forums directed me to a great article about how to implement simple physics into my game so i will be looking into that today as well.

I might even try to get a model loader up and running so that i can start implementing cool looking cars and things.

And also i will be trying to finish off a gun model i started work on last night. I am just polishing up the handle right now but i need to add the barel and trigger. once that is done i might have a bash at texturing it provided i find a good tutorial on how to texture with blender.

this is me signing out. Will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker