Saturday 22 August 2009

New project

hi guys so i have started doing the design brief on a new rpg which i will be making using SDL and C++ right now i am just programming in the all the SDL technical stuff for things like loading all the images and things like that.

I am going to fully plan it out so that I am getting into good habits. I was thinking a sort of mage vs mage game or a variation off magic ranging and melee but i am undecided. I was gonna add shops so that players can buy and sell things and i am going to have to do graphics for items which will take a while and also i should have my new website up and running by tonight. I am also planning what sort of things i am going to put on it. Although i already have a rough idea of what i am putting on.Thankfully with the package i am going to go with i will be able to add forums and a blog and other things like that fairly easily so that is good.

my general plan for the website is that it will be for tutorials and on basic game development as well as a blog similar to this and it will have a forum so that users of the site can talking about new games and my current projects and also talk about programming itself. I will also be putting game reviews and things like that. anyways i will give you an update on my second game tommorow but if i get my website up and running i will start to be using that as my blog although i will be updating this one just as much.

cya for now

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was wondering if you are interested in teaming up. We are both newbie programmers looking to build profiles, so why don't we combine/share our knowledge to work on some projects? To be honest I need some motivation as most of my friends kinda gave up on programming since school started. (but not me, I'm still hanging in there :D)

    So yeh, if your interested, email me or pm me on my gamedev.net account. Hope to hear from you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeh, I'm just 13 if your wondering, so I'm sure we will get along xD

    ReplyDelete

money maker