Sunday 16 August 2009

Progress

ok guys so i kinda got the split screen working thanks to the people at gamedev.net although i need to find a way to make it so that the screen doesn't flash. Also i just hacked together the rest of my gun model. Although i am not very happy with it so i will start again. And i determined that i will use the .obj model format for my games and since the directx sdk has a model loader ready and working i will incorporate that into my programs.

the physics that i added work although i will have to find a way to incorporate acceleration into the game so i will have to read up on timing in programmes and then incorporate this.

anyways i will keep you posted on how my first day of 5th year starts tommorow. This is the year we start all the complicated math(wohoo?) that i need for my games and also we will be learning java in computing. and in physics - well hopefully alot of physics :D

P.s i am going to do start doing SDL as a side project because it looked rather simple and plus it will help me iron out my C++ and get me into good habits for 3d game programming and also once i get enough decent 2d games i will get my own proper games site up and running which will be a good way to show off my portfolio and also hopefully generate me some income from google adsense :D i will start tommorow on SDL.

cya

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker