Sunday 16 August 2009

Todays the big day - my first day of 5th year. this is the big one this is going to decide what university i go to and will hopefully get me into the best in scotland. Right now though i am feeling shattered. I wasn't tired enough to go to bed last night as i am used to prolongued nocturnal activities(read - programming). It took be roughly 2 hours to get to bed last night but i finally made it and hopefully i will be ok to play football by 3rd period.

anyways today i am going to work through some of the lazy-foo tutorials on SDL and hopefully get a small menu screen going and start work on an actual game! its will be quite exciting to get my first game underway and it will hopefully teach me alot! but i was thinking like a small sidescroller game (fighting style)

so the aim of the game is to fight your way from right to left and claim your treasure. But first i will have to familiarize myself with a good drawing package as i currently only have paint on my machine. I am going to try out a few free pieces of drawing software and give you a review of what i think is the best for a newbie game programmer just starting out like myself.

Wish me luck guys, more updates on programming coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker