Tuesday 8 September 2009

Update

So guys I ordered a dazzle dvd recorder yesterday and it is going to come tommorow! This will be great as it means I will be able to put my own video reviews of games onto both my site and youtube. This will mean people have a reason to come to my new site as right now it basically doesn't have anything on it. I am hoping that I will be able to complete my first video review by tommorow night and upload it to my site. I also hope that I will be able to get some people to actively visit my new forums which are up and running on my site now! There are only 3 categories but that will change very soon.

Anyway back to game programming. Right now I am going to start work on a sort of FPS which will feature boxes as enemies and rectangles as bosses! It is going to be the next wow-killer I swear. Nah it will be very simple and graphically unappealing but its the technical side of it that will teach me alot! And hopefully if I get most of it coded in I can find a free artist to spice it up a bit. Either that or I will go onto turbosquid.com and just download some free models. This "game" will be in C# and XNA as they are the new loves in my life. I think it will be awesome to complete a game that is mine and not some tutorials or some classic game clone. Although Pong was fun :D This will also be great to show off in computing when I bring in CD's of my game and hopefully get the class to playtest it lol! They would like that if I made it fun enough. A period off school work would be great.

I am hoping I will get the basic terrain and camera up and working tonight so that I have something to work with :D I will also try and get the collision detection working. I am thinking it will be the same as the pong clone I made but I will use 3D things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker