Saturday 24 October 2009

XNA side scroller

Ok guys so I am going to try my hand at creating a RPG XNA side scroller. This will hopefully be good fun as I really want to try my hand at 2D games. I have a few Ideas in the pipeline but this game will be my number one priority.

My main ideas for the game will come from other 2D rpg's for instance I have had a wee look at the RPG that XNA creators website gives you. This is a complete game so if I get stuck I can easily just check out how they did it.

Anyway I am currently looking for a good sprite that will be used for testing. As well as a good background for my game.

I haven't quite decided whether I will try a pokemon-ish type top down scroller. Or just a classic side scroller. I think side scroller would be best at the moment as a full top down scroller would be a big drain on my resources.

Todays tasks:

Get a decent sprite
get a decent background
program in movement for sprite chosen
find enemy sprite
work on Human computer interface( get a main menu, in game menu)

Also I need to get the basic lay down for the game interface. This will have things like health and backpack information

Anyway I need to get working. Lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker