Monday 26 October 2009

Day 4 : 2D game

For those that don't know I am currently in the process of creating a 2D game which I will add to my website GamerCity.co.uk for download when I am finished. This 2D game will be programmed in C# and XNA and shouldn't take longer than a week or two to finish.

Throughout the process of programming the game I will be giving daily updates as to how the game is coming along and what things I am going to add and other things like that!

So today I am working on adding placeholder sprites. "What?!" you say? Well I managed to find an artist that is willing to work for nothing in order to create decent looking art work for my game. This will hopefully come to fruition in the next couple of days and hopefully I will have some nice art to add to my game. I think the art will definitely add to the game as a whole but right now it isn't very fun to play. Although I have had some ideas.

Firstly I will make it a sort of boss type level found in games like devil may cry. For instance I will make it so that after the boss reaches 25% health I will have some sort of flying bat fly down and try to attack you. I will have it so that it is a sort of quick fire click fire. Then you have to click on the bats before they reach you. Hopefully this will bring a bit of fun to the game.

So today I have added a couple of things like

A sprite which travels across the screen to hit the enemy.  AKA a fireball
I have also added sprites which represent the player and the enemy
Also I added a timer function so that if you press the H button you can rejuvenate some health at the cost of some Magic Power.

More updates tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker