Monday 26 October 2009

Day 3 : 2D game

So today I added quite a few things. For instance I set up a basic combat system. Which allows the player to fire  a spell at the enemy. This is all just numbers at the moment but I think I will steal the ball used in the 2D XNA tutorial and use that as my spell.

As for the sprites I need I have put up a thread in the help wanted section of GameDev.net and am currently waiting for a reply. Hopefully that will come soon.

Anyway I am still on the hunt for decent 2D sprites to fill the void. When I get them in it will look like a proper game!

I have also been thinking of a couple of new things to add to my game. Like for instance a floating health bar at the top of a character. This wont really be much use in the game its just that it will give me the knowledge of how to program one in.

So I thought I would give you a little screenshot to show you how the game is coming on!



As you can see I have added a few more stats to the game as well as put up the enemies stats in the top right corner. Currently I have added a few options:

Space to shoot a spell
P - makes you drink a Magic Power potion which allows you to fire more spells

thats all so far. But the combat system works. I am going to add a random number generator to see whether or not the spells hit the monster. And I am going to make it so that the monster attacks you right after you have attacked it. It will all be quite random. But I want to be able to add some sort of skill to the game. For instance. I could limit the number of potions you could drink to 1 per 3-4 turns. Which means you could try to finish the monster off with the magic power you have left or you could drink while the monster heals itself.

Another thing I need to add is the Magic Power regeneration feature. Which lets you rejuvenate so of the Magic Power used whenever you successfully hit the monster with a spell!

Anyway I need to go school time but more will come tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker