Saturday 24 October 2009

2D Side Scroller

Today I managed to get quite a few things up and running with little trouble. I thought I would give you a quick preview of what the game looks like after the first day in development.


As you can see programmer art leaves a lot to be desired. But I am happy as I have gotten the viewport set up as well as health. I am going to have the enemies stats in the top right of the UI. and all the rest at the bottom. The bottom right will play host to the backpack to which I have no idea as to how I will get that implemented.

I haven't got round to getting a decent sprite for my character, nor my enemy character. I will also need to get a couple of sprites for attacks such as fireballs and arrows. Close quarter combat will have to wait until I learn animation and how to use character sprite sheets.

Any way time to have my sleep so that I can continue to work on my latest game tomorrow.

Remember to become a follower so that you can track how my game is coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker