Sunday 24 May 2009

programming - my first entry

hello i am a newbie programmer and i am going to document my life as i gain more knowledge in the field of game development(covers everything)

Right now i have started to learn C++ using the book C++ primer plus which is really a great book and i would highly recommend it.

My goal is to start creating a portfolio good enough so that i can get into the game industry.

anyways right now i am making this blog in order to keep myself motivated and focused on this goal.

i also have my little nine year old brother thinking up cool stories and maps and monster names because i am hoping that it will bring us closer together.

anyways my current programming level is very basic. that off simple calculators in c++ and text games. but once my exams are finished in about 2 weeks then i will be able to spend alot more time focusing on getting my knowledge up to a suitable level.

Right now i am trying to focus more on the graphical side of game development. And i have downloaded the modeling softare blender 3d which looks quite complex at the onset but as i keep using it its becoming quite a bit easier. throughout the course of this blog i will be hopefully showing you some of the models i make.

This is me signing out from my first blog post. Hope you enjoy this and the many more installations to come :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

money maker